Thursday 15 February 2007

mr & mr smith

Nikky and I went to a gold class movie last night for Valentine's day. We saw The Pursuit of Happyness which was fantastic. It made me cry. Twice, at least. But I loved it regardless - very well made. It made me sad to think about homeless people who can never get out of the poverty trap - that still makes me sad. On a totally different topic, it was interesting to see Will Smith in a dramatic role. He managed it quite well, quite definitely. His son played the son in the movie and the talent is clearly familial.

The other mister Smith of the title is Kevin Smith. I'm watching Clerks II which is at least as good as the first, though quite different. Kevin Smith is just a great writer/director. These films are comic but also not - there's a certain reality to his films, despite the fact that much of it is clearly impossible or implausible. It's quite incredible that he manages to do that.

Like romantic comedies, this movie is making me doubt my relationship with Nikky. It's just the whole One True Love thing. That Nikky clearly isn't. And all these movies, all these books, all these everythings keep telling me there is some person who I will love, who I should wait for or find or fight for, against whatever odds. And that settling - which is truly what I'm doing - is a bad thing. And I don't know what to do about that. I don't know what to do.

Also, I changed my uni stuff today so I no longer have a clash. Yay. I also put down a major. I don't know if I was supposed to or not but I did. At the end of this year I'll have a degree in mathematics. If only I could do better. Unfortunately the change means I don't get Thursdays off any more. Meh.

I don't want to be going out with Nikky. I should find someone who gets me who I get who I'm always happy with and all that. Maybe.

No comments: