Monday 12 February 2007

weirdness is goodness

As one example of a good weirdness, consider the fact that all my posts titles are in lower case. Of course they are. That's just the kind of guy I am.Also, I blame Patrick McPatPat for doing this to me. He always taught me to put text in serif, headings in lower case sans-serif. Apparently it's helpful for accessibility.

There are other weirdnesses that I like. Things like the way I try to overcompensate for my overuse of toiletpaper as a child by minimising my use of sheets these days. I insist on using at most one per wipe net over each session and folding to make my net use in a session less than the number of wipes, thus negating some of my earlier overuse. There's my massive distaste for violence in any way, shape or form but admiration for Quentin Tarantino movies. But it's not just my weirdness I enjoy.

I enjoy it when other people are weird. I enjoy weird conversation. I just generally enjoy weirdness.

None of this makes any sense, and it probably shouldn't. I guess the point was merely a bit of a strange ending to a conversation I had with Sally. It was weird, but good. One of those things that makes me want to use a :) pathegraph (emoticon). It's like a random hug from someone who doesn't hug - or even someone who does. I hope I've managed to explain at least a little.

And now I'm going to watch more Alias. I really need a life.