Monday 12 February 2007

Sex and things that aren't

I'm really quite sad that my tagline ("just another steradian in the blogosphere") won't be appreciated by others. I actually don't want to keep this to a few people, I just want to keep it away from a few. Or maybe just one...

Next point to make absolutely clear is that I do mean unadulterated. Things will be said here that you don't want to know. I will mark them with this type of formatting so you can avoid it if you'd like. Of course, none of you will skip those sections, but I like to head off complaints before I get them.

One more thing: Emma, I know I owe you an email, I in fact have a draft saved from 20 October last year. It contains one irrelevant greeting line and that's it. Hopefully this is some consolation and I will get around to emailing you, I promise. Probably. I've been busy and stuff. I know, I know, I suck. But please don't let that stop you from staying in touch.

So, I guess I'll start with a few things about today (by which I really mean Sunday, yesterday, technically). Firstly, there's the fact that I spent all day with Nikky. That was fun. We spent all day in bed. There were DVDs and books and suchlike. There was also sex and things associated with it. Nikky's become a lot more ... enthusiastic about oral sex recently, I think because she thinks it makes me happy and she's afraid I'm going to dump her. So she's trying to stop that happening. Stupid really, but that's the way things go. After that I watched two classic movies that I hadn't seen, both romantic comedies. Man, should I ever never watch romantic comedies. They always put me in a mood to break up with Nikky.

Two other things to talk about. Firstly, that today I had a conversation with Anne (not her real name, but I'll use it) which was really good. I hadn't spoken to her in a while and we just chatted. It's important to have conversations with friends or you lose touch. To chat about nothing. She also said she'd lend me West Wing, so double plus there, hey?

The second thing was a conversation with Sally (again, not her real name). We talked about sex, which isn't something I normally do, but it was good to be able to do that without too much giggling. There was definitely a little though, at well deserved times. Phrases like "I think he used to fuck her pretty rough" still make me feel a bit weird. I'm really not mature at all, or ready for sex. Little late, I guess. The whole idea of sex is still off-putting, though it doesn't bother me at the time, that's just a different me.

Actually, this is a fair time to say it: I don't like sex because I think the joy of it doesn't justify the mess.

And to close with a few housekeeping matters: firstly, the first person to figure out the real identities of the nicknames I'm using will get their comment deleted. Secondly, please do comment, and tell me who I should let read this thing. Give email addresses. Finally... welcome to my new blog. Old stuff is still accessible at http://me.mjec.net/index.old.html and http://me.mjec.net/archive.html.

I have Seasons of Love (from Rent) stuck in my head.

No comments: